The Trust’s existing Strategy was written in 2018 - before the publication of the NHS Long Term Plan, which set out an ambitious plan for the NHS making sure it was 'fit for the future'. As we are now starting to see the impacts of the system reform agenda that was referenced within the NHS Long Term Plan, it is only right that we reset our vison and ambition.
Working with colleagues from across the Trust and our partners, we have developed a new Trust Strategy that looks to address a number of challenges we face, including:
- Improving the quality of our services for everyone who uses them
- Being able to deliver clinical and financial sustainability
- Maximising the opportunities that the advances in digital technology provide us to transform
- Manage the changing expectations of our patients
- Addressing the inequity in care and access to care caused by the pandemic
- Dealing with workforce challenges
- The changing landscape and working environment due to the system reform
- Working more collaboratively with partners across Lancashire and South Cumbria (Integrated Care System)
A key part of the new Strategy is the development of our strategic objectives which set out what we want to achieve. We currently have some draft objectives and are in the process of talking to colleagues about them and asking for their opinions and feedback so we can make sure they are something that we all understand and can sign up to.
We expect to be in a position to share our final strategic objectives and refreshed Trust Strategy in May 2022.