Toggle Point Symbols

Text Size:


Hospital contact numbers

Support during the Coronavirus pandemic

The COVID-19 pandemic has affected people in lots of ways, and many people are finding they need a bit of extra help and support.

CALM (the Campaign Against Living Miserably) support those who feel isolated, anxious, alone or suicidal. You can call the CALM helpline on 0800 58 58 58, available 5pm-midnight. They run a webchat service too from 5pm-midnight.

Mind has put together a range of information and advice on coping with the extra stress and anxiety brought on by the coronavirus outbreak and protecting your mental health and well-being. The helpline is available on: 0300 123 3393, weekdays: 9am-6pm.

The Samaritans have published a range of resources for those worried about their mental health during the coronavirus outbreakIf you need someone to talk to, you can call for free on 116 123 or, available 24/7.

Mental wellbeing while staying at home

Get support from a mental health charity

Mental Health support for young people

Supporting someone during Covid-19

If you’re in immediate danger call 999 and ask for the Police.

If you’re in danger and unable to talk on the phone, call 999, then press 55 when prompted.

Call the National Domestic Abuse Helpline on 0808 2000 247, you can get advice in different languages. You can also get help online.

If you’re a child or young person call Childline on 0800 1111 or get help online.

Contact NSPCC if you’re concerned about a child.

Call Hourglass, if you’re an older person or worried about an older person on 0808 808 8141, or find out what support they offer.

Call Galop, the LGBT+ helpline on 0800 999 5428, or find out what support they offer.

Call Men’s Advice Line on 0808 8010327 or get help online.

Call Southall Black Sisters for help for black and minority women, including if you’ve got No Recourse to Public Funds on 0208 571 9595. You can get advice in different languages. You can also find out what support they offer.

Call Karma Nirvana for help with honour-based abuse and forced marriage on 0800 5999 247.

Get specialist support for Deaf people from Signhealth.

Get help after rape or sexual assault

Support and advice

Get safety advice for survivors from Women’s Aid. You can get advice in different languages including British Sign Language.

Find specialist helplines for black and minority women (Imkaan).

Find additional helplines if you’re a victim of domestic abuse or feel at risk of abuse, or if you are a victim or witness of a crime.