In early December 2020, the NHS in England began the biggest and most highly anticipated immunisation campaign in history at 50 hospital hubs.
Get more information about the roll-out of the COVID-19 vaccination programme in Morecambe Bay here, including primary care updates, FAQs and links to patient information, leaflets and forms.
Vaccinations for our colleagues
The final second dose clinics for staff COVID-19 vaccinations in UHMBT hospitals took place in June 2021.
Colleagues can now book their COVID-19 booster vaccination through the dedicated online booking system which can be found on the staff intranet.
Vaccinations for patients and members of the public
Patients who are eligible to receive a COVID-19 vaccination will be invited directly to book an appointment. It is really important that you make arrangements to have the vaccine once invited so that together we can return to some state of normal.
If you have not received a letter, phone call or text message to book a vaccination, please do not worry, we will notify everyone in priority order when the vaccination becomes available. We would be grateful if you do not telephone our hospitals, your GP practice or other NHS hospital to request a vaccination; please wait to be invited.
These resources will help to ensure people with a learning disability and autistic people in a high-risk group have safe and equitable access to COVID-19 vaccination:
- Covid Vaccine film produced by Skills for People and Learning Disability England
- PHE easy read Covid vaccination leaflet
- PHE easy read What to expect after the vaccine leaflet
- PHE Easy read adult consent form
Additional training materials for COVID 19 vaccinators and volunteers provide top tips on communicating with people with a learning disability and autistic people and reasonable adjustments that should be considered.
- Read some Frequently Asked Questions about the COVID-19 vaccine
- Read the patient information leaflet about the COVID-19 vaccine
- Read the easy-read guide to your COVID-19 vaccination
- Find out more about the COVID-19 vaccination on the NHS website
- Find out more about plans for the COVID-19 vaccination in Lancashire and South Cumbria on Healthier Lancashire and South Cumbria’s website
- See why vaccination is safe and important
- Vaccination information in other languages